Tuesday, December 20, 2005

La Perouse





Howzit!!
Today, after work (I'm still training at Fred's), Kevin and I went down to La Perouse. La Perouse is a little cove at the very end of the road past Big Beach and the other cove my last snorkeling adventure was at. You go past pretty much all of the houses and civilization on the road and end up in a lava field. It was kind of murky because we went at about three o'clock in the afternoon but the reef was cool and there were some nice fish to check out. I saw at least ten different species, most of them I posted pictures of in the first snorkeling post, but there were a couple of new ones I hadn't seen yet.
I just can't get over the fact that everyone I know is basically freezing right now, and I'm going snorkeling. I mean, I had the air conditioning working hard in the car today and my family is dealing with temperatures in the 30's. I really dig it here.
Anyway, one of the pictures is of the cove I was at, one is from the road to the cove (looking back up the mountian), and the other two are of road side stands that serve 'ono grinds' for people coming to or from the beach. There were a few more food stands on the road but they shut down before we came back. I'll post pictures of them later.
Aloha,
Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home